Amonkhet Puzzle #6
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week's puzzle. We've got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Cast Aviary Mechanic. Use its ETB ability to return Greenbelt Rampager to your hand. Rhonas's Monument triggers - target Rhonas with it, making him a 7/7.
- Replay Greenbelt Rampager. Since you only have one energy, it returns itself to your hand and gives you one more. Rhonas's Monument triggers - target Rhonas the Indomitable with it, making him a 9/9.
- Spend two energy to put a +1/+1 counter on Longtusk Cub. Since it now has 4 power, Rhonas is able to attack.
- Replay Greenbelt Rampager again. Since you have no energy, it returns itself to your hand and gives you one more. Rhonas's Monument triggers - target Rhonas with it, making him a 11/11.
- Replay Greenbelt Rampager one more time. Since you only have one energy, it returns itself to your hand yet again and gives you a second energy. Rhonas's Monument triggers - target Rhonas with it, making him a 13/13.
- Spend two energy to put a +1/+1 counter on Longtusk Cub, making it a 5/5.
- Attack with both creatures. Since your opponent's highest-toughness creature is 4, at least one damage will get through from the Longtusk Cub if single-blocked. That leaves two creatures to block the 13/13 Rhonas, letting 11 get through. If they move a blocker from Rhonas to the Cub, all 12 comes from Rhonas. You win!
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
Not a Patron yet? Click here to see how prizing works, and click here to see the prizes available for the current season.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!