Return to Play - Phase 1
Wizard's Tower is excited to have players back in the store to play games. We've been looking forward to your return and can't wait to have you back in our store!
We are excited to announce Phase 1 of our Return to Play!
We have gone from operating as an online store only, to offering curbside pickup, to serving a small group of customers inside our retail store.
With the safety of our staff and customers in mind, we look forward to bringing players back into the store to play the games they love!
How this Will Look at our Retail Store:
- Like at our retail store, masks MUST be properly worn at all times.
- With your safety in mind, all play spaces will be disinfected before using your play space and between players using the same play space.
- We have optimized the layout, putting two tables together, to ensure the best chance that physical distancing is kept between all players.
- We will have both open gaming and scheduled events available for play. (See the bottom of the page or our event calendar for event and time details)
Open Gaming [Starts Jul 17th]
- Come with friends and play some games.
- Sign in at the front cash before going into the Play Area.
- Players can call in advance to reserve an open gaming spot. This will hold for 30 mins before being returned to the public.
- You will be assigned a seat by one of our staff for you to play games in.
- Players should stay within their quadrant while in the Play Area.
- If you would like to switch seats to play against another player, please notify the staff so that you can leave the game area and your quadrant can be disinfected before use by another player.
Scheduled Events [Starts Jul 24th] – (Standard, Modern, Pioneer, Sealed, Prerelease, Keyforge)
- Magic Events like this will be run with an online setup for the cost of the event.
- You will be assigned seats for your matchup before each round. Your area will be disinfected before you sit down for Round 1.
- Players are to stay in their quadrants even after the round is complete while in the Play Area.
- Between each round, players will leave their quadrants and each area will be disinfected before seating for the next round
Scheduled Events [Starts Jul 24th] – (Commander Nights)
- Players must book their spot to play Commander online or in-store for each time slot they wish to play.
- You will be assigned seats for playing Commander. Your area will be disinfected before you sit down
- Players are to stay in their quadrants even when not playing in a game.
- If players wish to change seats, they are to let staff know. Players will leave their quadrants and each area will be disinfected before the next player sits down.
- Please keep seat switching to a minimum if possible.
How to Play in our Play Area
- All scheduled events will be available to sign up through our website. You can book your spot online or in-store. This will also tell you how many spots are available for the event as well.
- We ask that if you are feeling ill or have had any COVID-19 symptoms that you don't come into the store or use the play area until you are feeling better.
- If you are showing symptoms of being ill while in our Play Area you will be asked to leave by our staff.
- You will be assigned a seat to play at by our staff based on the event or format you are playing.
- We ask that you do not change seats and stay in your own quadrant while in the Play Area.
- Players may leave the Play Area to shop in the store. Please notify the staff to let you know if it's safe to do so.
- Masks MUST be properly worn at all times.
- At this time during Phase 1, no food or drinks or trading cards are allowed in the Play Area at this time.
- Please note that staff who work at the store could be using unused Play Area Space for their breaks while working. This will include removing their mask when drinking and eating only. After each staff break, that area will be disinfected before any player use.
- Each player should be the only ones allowed to touch their own property including dice, supplies, and cards themselves.
- The washroom is available for public use. The washroom will be cleaned on an hourly basis to ensure cleanliness standards.
- When leaving the Play Area for the day, please let one of our staff know so they can disinfect the area and be aware that the quadrant is available for the next player.
- If the Play Area is full, we ask that players wait outside the store if they would like to wait to play.
- With the safety of our players and staff, please note that staff have the ability to ask any player to leave if they feel they are not following social distancing or any of the rules set out by the store for use of our Play Area.
Fri Jul 17th - Open Gaming to Begin
Fri Jul 24th - Scheduled Events to Begin
Play Area Schedule for Open Gaming
[Maximum # of players in the Play Area including Scheduled Events]
Mon - Fri
9 am - 5 pm - 8 players
5 pm - 10 pm - 16 players
Sat - Sun
9 am - 5 pm - 12 players
5 pm - 10 pm - 16 players
Play Area Schedule for Events
[Maximum # of players in the Play Area]
Monday – 6 pm - 10 pm - 16 players [4-PACK SEALED]
Tuesday – 6 pm - 10 pm - 16 players [PIONEER]
Wednesday – 6 pm - 10 pm - 16 players [MODERN]
Thursday – 6 pm - 10 pm - 16 players [4-PACK SEALED + KEYFORGE]
Friday – 6 pm - 10 pm - 16 players [STANDARD]
Saturday – 5 pm - 9 pm - 16 players [COMMANDER NIGHTS]
Sunday – 5 pm - 9 pm - 16 players [COMMANDER NIGHTS]
We look forward to seeing you back at our store to play the games you love in a safe environment.
Joey Hoffer - Wizard's Tower General Manager