Amonkhet Puzzle #8
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week's puzzle. We've a tough one for you today. Scroll down and check it out!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Cast Cartouche of Zeal on Alley Strangler. Use the Cartouche's "target creature can't block this turn" ability on one of the 5-toughness fliers.
- Cast Harmless Offering on Alley Strangler. The opponent gains control of Alley Strangler, and the Cartouche (now enchanting an illegal target) falls off due to state-based effects.
- Cast Fatal Push, targeting the other 5-toughness flier.
- Attack with Glorybringer and Goldnight Castigator, exerting Glorybringer to deal 4 damage to Drana's Emissary.
- The opponent can't block either 4-damage attacker, and you deal 8 for lethal.
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!