Ixalan Season - Puzzle #5
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Have you been trying to live the Marionette Master dream? This might be the puzzle for you then (or maybe not...) give it a shot and find out
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Play Inventors' Fair.
- Cast Marionette Master, choosing to create three Servos since Solemnity won't let you use the counters option.
- Sacrifice Dire Fleet Hoarder to Ruthless Knave, making three Treasures.
- Use Tezzeret, Master of Metal's -3 to hit the opponent for 6. (3 Treasures, 3 Servos.)
- Sacrifice all three treasures for mana (opponent loses 3 more to go to 4), and spend it to sacrifice a Servo (opponent loses 1 more to go to 3) to create two more treasures.
- Sacrifice those two treasures to hit the opponent for 2 more and take them to 1.
- Either Fatal Push the Sacred Cat to get a final Treasure, or aim it at your own Servo. Either way gets you the final Marionette Master trigger!
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots! Take a peek and see if it's for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!