Rivals of Ixalan Season - Puzzle #4
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Take a look below at this week's puzzle.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Cast Torment of Venom targeting Wanted Scoundrels. Choose not to transform Primal Amulet. Scoundrels dies, your opponent discards a card, and you get two treasure. Magmaroth loses a -1/-1 counter and becomes a 2/2.
- Cast Chandra's Pyrohelix, killing a Plant token. Choose to transform Primal Amulet. Magmaroth loses a -1/-1 counter and becomes a 3/3.
- Leaving Primal Wellspring and one other mana source untapped, equip Dowsing Dagger to the Voracious Vampire.
- Attack. Magmaroth will get chump blocked by the other Plant token, and Voracious Vampire will connect for 4, taking them down to 6. Dowsing Dagger transforms into Lost Vale.
- Tap Lost Vale, Primal Wellspring, and your other remaining mana source for five mana to cast Torment of Hailfire for X=3. Because you used Primal Wellspring's mana to cast it, you copy it.
- Your opponent has to choose six times whether to discard a card or lose three life. Since they only have four cards in hand, they discard all four, then take 6 for lethal.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
Thanks and see you next week!