February 26, 2018
Rivals of Ixalan Season - Puzzle #6
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Take a look below at this week's puzzle.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Attack with all. Your opponent essentially must double-block Dire Fleet Ravager and single-block Deadeye Brawler, otherwise several relatively-simple lines to victory open up, which we won't detail here.
- Angel of Condemnation cannot be blocked, therefore your opponent takes 3 and goes to 7. Three Aetherborn die, therefore three Midnight Entourage triggers go on the stack.
- Before those triggers resolve, cast Siren's Ruse targeting the Ravager. It returns to the battlefield immediately and the opponent loses a third of their life, rounded up. 1/3 of 7 is 2.333, rounded up to 3, so they drop to 4.
- Let the Entourage triggers resolve, taking your opponent down to 1.
- Activate Angel of Condemnation, targeting the Ravager again. At the end step, it returns to the battlefield once more to drain the final 1 life point for lethal.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
Thanks and see you next week!