Amonkhet Puzzle #7
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week's puzzle. We've got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- +1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, making him a 5/5. Note that Gideon's emblem in play makes him a 6/6 and the Knight token a 3/3.
- Cast Illusory Wrappings on Gideon, making him an 0/2 (well, 1/3 actually).
- Cast Dead Weight on the Knight Token, making it a 1/1.
- Attack with both creatures. Because of Behind the Scenes, neither creature can be blocked because your opponent's blockers all have greater power than them.
- After blockers are (not) declared, cast Anguished Unmaking on Illusory Wrappings, returning Gideon to 6/6.
- Your opponent takes 6 + 1 = 7 damage for lethal.
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
Not a Patron yet? Click here to see how prizing works, and click here to see the prizes available for the current season.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!