Ixalan Preview Puzzle #1
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Getting ready for Ixalan? It's looking dino-mite! See if you can solve this one that makes use of a few new cards.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Cast Hostage Taker for UB. Bontu's Monument triggers and takes your opponent's life down to 7. Use the Hostage Taker's ETB trigger to exile the opposing Fairgrounds Warden.
- The other Hostage Taker enters the battlefield. Use its ETB trigger to exile the opposing Kujar Seedsculptor.
- Cast Fairgrounds Warden. Bontu's Monument triggers and takes your opponent's life down to 6. Use the Fairgrounds Warden's ETB trigger to exile the opposing Bishop of Rebirth.
- Cast Kujar Seedsculptor. Bontu's Monument triggers and takes your opponent's life down to 5. Use the Kujar Seedsculptor's ETB trigger to put a +1/+1 counter on one of your creatures without summoning sickness.
- Attack for 5 - your opponent has no blockers and has to take lethal.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots! Take a peek and see if it's for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!