Play Area / Event Space Update - March 2022
Update - March 21st
As announced by the Government of Ontario's reopening plan for Ontario, our Play Area and Café are once again at 100% available capacity and we look forward to serving you all again
As of March 21st 2022, in accordance with Provincial Guidelines, customers are no longer required to wear a mask within the store. Customers are still more than welcome to continue to wear masks when shopping or playing at our store.
How Return to Play will look like at our store:
- With your safety in mind, all play spaces are cleaned regularly and in between rounds to ensure store cleanliness.
- There are 7 tables to choose from with 6 chairs at each table. This can be expanded to 8 per table if all patrons are from the same household.
- We will have both open gaming and scheduled events available for play. (See the bottom of the page or our event calendar for event and time details)
Open Gaming / Casual Play - Board Games, Commander, Casual Game Play
- Come with friends and play some games.
- We have Board Games available for rent at this time and can be used at any of our tables.
Scheduled In-Store Events
- Player limits for each event are listed online and we encourage signing up in advance through our online registration.
- You will be assigned seats for your matchup before each round. Your area will be cleaned by a staff member in between each round.
- Between each round, players will leave their tablespace into the retail store while we clean the tables in between rounds.
How to Play in our Play Area
- All scheduled events will be available to sign up through our website. You can book your spot online or in-store. This will also tell you how many spots are available for the event as well.
- We ask that if you are feeling ill or have had any COVID-19 symptoms that you don't come into the store or use the play area until you are feeling better. If you are showing symptoms of being ill while in our Play Area you will be asked to leave by our staff.
- You will be assigned a tablespace to play for scheduled events. For casual play, please choose a tablespace and stay in that area if possible for your stay.
- Masks must be properly worn at all times.
- Players are allowed to trade cards if interested in the store but selling of product is prohibited.
- We have public washrooms available for use for players located in the back hall.
- There are no reservations for our Play Area space for Casual Play/Open Gaming and table space will be given at a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If the Play Area is full, please let one of our staff know and we will add you to our waiting list.
- If there are players on the waiting list to play in the Play Area, there will be a time limit of 3 hours for Open Gaming to allow as many players as possible to use the space.
- With the safety of our players and staff, please note that staff have the ability to ask any player to leave if they feel they are not following social distancing or any of the rules set out by the store for use of our Play Area.
Open Gaming and In-Store Scheduled Events (as of Jan 31st 2022)
Play Area Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri - 9 am to 10 pm
Sat - Sun - 9 am to 9 pm
For full details on all events, please see our Events Calendar.
*We will be working on our schedule and adding more events and play space when it is safe to do so.
We look forward to seeing you back at our store to play the games you love in a safe environment.
Joey Hoffer - Wizard's Tower General Manager