057. Rivals of Ixalan Sunset Puzzle
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
It's time to solve one more Dino-Pirate centric puzzle as we bid farewell to Rivals of Ixalan and look forward to the new challenges that Dominaria brings!
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to see the max damage achieved so far."]
- Attack with Tilonalli's Summoner and Goring Ceratops. Stack the two triggers so the Summoner's will resolve first.
- Pay X=4 (so five mana total, leaving Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun and a Spirebluff Canal untapped) for the Summoner's ability and create four attacking 1/1s. Then the Ceratops ability resolves and everything gets double strike. Your opponent's best block lets two 1/1s through.
- First strike damage happens, your opponent takes 2 and drops to 10. Storm the Vault triggers and creates a treasure.
- Before moving to regular damage, tap Itlimoc to add six green mana. Use this, your treasure, and your remaining land to cast both Flame Lashes, targeting your opponent to deal 8 and drop them to 2.
- When regular damage resolves, you'll deal 2 more for lethal.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
Thanks and see you next week!