Hour of Devastation - Puzzle #5
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
This week's puzzle is ready for you below. Can you solve it before checking the solution?
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Cast Earthshaker Khenra. Target an Aerial Responder with its "can't block this turn" ability.
- Exert Fervent Paincaster, targeting your Earthshaker Khenra. Vizier of the True triggers - tap one of the other Aerial Responders.
- Cast Reckless Bushwhacker for its surge cost, to give all your other creatures +1/+0.
- Attack with a 4/2 Vizier of the True, 4/1 Oketra's Avenger, 4/2 Devoted Crop-Mate, and 2/1 Bushwhacker, exerting each of the first three.
- With the three Vizier triggers generated, tap each of the Gifted Aetherborns.
- With the Devoted Crop-Mate trigger, return Earthshaker Khenra to the battlefield. It's too late for it to attack, but its ETB effect can make the last Aerial Responder unable to block.
- With no blockers available, your opponent takes 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 for exactsies.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!