Amonkhet Puzzle #5
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week's puzzle. We've got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Activate Pathmaker Initiate, making Kari Zev, Skyship Raider unblockable this turn.
- Cast Consuming Fervor on Kari Zev, making her a 5/7.
- Attack with Kari Zev, and her trigger puts Ragavan on the battlefield attacking alongside her.
- Cast Djeru's Resolve, untapping Pathmaker Initiate, and activating its ability again, this time targeting Ragavan.
- Neither attacker can be blocked. First strike damage resolves, and Kari Zev deals 5 damage to your opponent.
- After this, cast Disperse, targeting Consuming Fervor, and then recast it on Ragavan, making the monkey into a 5/4. Normal damage resolves, and your opponent has taken a total of 10!
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!