Get Ready for Amonkhet Puzzles!
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week's puzzle. We've got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
Also, for those of you considering becoming a Patron, Possibility Storm will be giving away a booster box of Amonkhet to a randomly drawn Patron among all those who sign up by April 28. That's also the first day of our Amonkhet seasonal leaderboard, so you've got lots of incentive to sign up before then. Links for Patreon are below the puzzle.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
- Sacrifice Sacred Cat to Indulgent Aristocrat, making both Vampires 2/2.
- Embalm the Sacred Cat.
- Attack with both Vampires at your opponent. The Vampire Cutthroat can't be blocked due to its Skulk ability. The Aristocrat is presumably blocked by Bruna, but this doesn't actually matter.
- After blocks are declared, sacrifice the embalmed Sacred Cat to the Aristocrat, making both Vampires 3/3.
- The Cutthroat gets through for 3 and your opponent goes to zero (but survives due to the Gideon emblem). The Aristocrat deals 3 damage to a blocker and dies. Because both have Lifelink you gain 6 life and go to 27.
- Post-combat, sacrifice the Cutthroat to Ayli's first ability, gaining 3 life to go to 30.
- Then, cast the second Sacred Cat from your hand, and sacrifice it using Ayli's second ability to exile Gideon. The protection conferred by your opponent's emblem will no longer apply, and you win the game!
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, have sixty hours to submit your solution, and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for Magic: The Gathering prizes!
Thanks and see you next week!