Possibility Storm: Aether Revolt Puzzle #1
Are you looking for a challenge?
Well, let me introduce you to the Possibility Storm puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
What is Possibility Storm?
Possibility Storm is a weekly Magic: The Gathering puzzle series which challenges you to use the resources available to you to win the game in this turn. Puzzles will appear here, and on Possibility Storm social media channels each Wednesday, for you to test and hone your skills.
The puzzles come in varying levels of difficulty, and although the cards involved are usually limited to Standard sets, other formats such as Limited/Block, Modern, and Commander will be occasionally explored.
What else do I need to know?
Not much, really. Show up, scratch your head, and enjoy yourself.
There are a few assumptions to keep in mind, though. Unless otherwise stated:
- From top to bottom, the rows as zones are your opponent's board, your board, and your hand.
- Your opponent has no available mana sources and no cards in hand.
- The game begins at the beginning of your first main phase, and you must win by the end of the turn.
- Your graveyard and exile zone are empty, and your library is irrelevant.
- The opponent's life total is the sum of the six-sided dice.
- Dice on cards are usually +1/+1 counters on creatures, charge counters on artifacts, and loyalty counters on planeswalkers. (And javelin counters on Icatian Javelineers.)
Basically, what you see is what you get. And with these formalities out of the way, let's get onto this week's puzzle!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you've got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title="Click here to expand the solution."]
1. Activate Key to the City, targeting Ravenous Intruder, discarding Welcome to the Fold to pay its cost
2. Cast Welcome to the Fold with Madness, targeting anything, and choose X to be zero.
3. Cast Confirm Suspicions, targeting Welcome to the Fold, making 3 Clues
4. Sacrifice 3 Clues and Key to the City to Ravenous Intruder to make it an 9/10
5. Attack for 9
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, have sixty hours to submit your solution, and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for Magic: The Gathering prizes!
Thanks and see you next week!